The Arts & Culture Trust (ACT) is now open for applications for grants disbursed through its restructured funding programme.
ACT invites applications from South African arts and culture organisations, networks, associations, individuals and micro, small and medium-sized enterprises based in the Northern Cape, Limpopo, North West, Free State, Mpumalanga and KwaZulu-Natal.
Funded by the Nedbank Arts Affinity Programme, ACT makes once-off grants of R30,000 available for projects that aim to achieve transformation through the arts, enterprise development and/or skills transfer.
Projects in any of the following disciplines are eligible:
- Visual Art
- Arts Education
- Arts Administration
- Multi-disciplinary (a combination of one or more of the above)
The following will NOT be considered for once-off grants:
- International and/or continental travel.
- Projects that do not have arts or culture as a core element.
- Projects that have social issues as a core element.
- Organisations/projects/individuals not based in or operating in the targeted areas in South Africa.
- Activities that have already taken place or that commence before the outcome of the application is available.
Projects taking place between October 2017 and October 2018 are eligible for application in the funding cycle below.
- Applications open: 10 May 2017
- Applications close: 31 July 2017
- Outcomes available: 04 September 2017
Follow the link below to submit an application:
Artists, practitioners, organisations and creative businesses that are not based in any of the targeted regions would be eligible to participate in the Nedbank ACTivator underwriting programme, which will be launched in August 2017.
Allocation of grants is at the discretion of the Board of Trustees of ACT. The decision with regard to all applications for funding is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
The Arts & Culture Trust (ACT) is South Africa’s premier independent arts and culture funding and development agency. Since the Trust’s inception in 1994, it has disbursed more than R23 million to more than 800 projects across South Africa. For more information, please visit www.act.org.za.
The Nedbank Arts Affinity is a proud supporter of the Arts & Culture Trust (ACT). Since the inception of ACT in 1994, Nedbank has raised and distributed more than R16 million through its Arts Affinity Programme, in support of more than 800 South African arts, culture and heritage development projects, at no cost to its clients. To open a Nedbank Arts Affinity account please visit any Nedbank branch or call 0860 555 111, or visit nedbankarts.co.za for more information.