The ArtEC Gallery and Community art centre in collaboration with the Visual Arts Network of South Africa (VANSA) is inviting applications for a 12-month paid internship programme starting the 1st of June 2015. This internship programme is a hands-on skills development program, offering experiential learning, practical engagement in real-time Art projects, with increasing levels of responsibility within the organisation as the internship progresses. Self-motivation, good communication and interpersonal skills are essential to engage and interact within inter-disciplinary practices.
Day-to-day running of the organisation:
- General gallery administration;
- tracking project deadlines;
- communications with various stakeholders and members;
- develop and growing membership and artists database;
- management and development of the Gallery Shop;
- artist and public liaison.
- attendance of Exhibition openings and events are also required.
Planning, coordination and managing events:
- Coordination of Workshops, Art exhibitions, Events Programme;
- Database updates;
- Development of a visual arts and arts industry Database;
- Visual Arts repertoire/archiving of completed projects
- Degree / Diploma in Fine Arts;
- organisation & planning skills;
- basic Computer literacy;-
- Design skills would be advantageous;
- Good Communication skills; basic administration skills.
The final deadline for applications is 15 May 2015. No applications received after this date will be considered. Contract to commence on the 1st of June 2015. This is a 12 month contract and will require a commitment of 2 x 7 hour, days per week. For an application form and further details, please contact Wayne Matthews at the gallery on 041-585 3641 or.