Funds available for disbursement through the Arts & Culture Trust (ACT) Development Programme is subject to Nedbank Arts Affinity donations. Every time clients use their Arts Affinity banking products Nedbank makes a donation to ACT without any cost to the client. For more information or to open a Nedbank Arts Affinity account, please visit nedbankarts.co.za.
Funded by the Nedbank Arts Affinity Programme, the ACT makes once-off grants of R30,000 available to South African arts and culture organisations, networks, associations, individuals and micro, small and medium-sized enterprises. For the next five years ACT will strictly focus on the following regions:
- Northern Cape
- North West
- Free State
NOTE: Artists, practitioners, organisations and creative businesses that are not based in any of the abovementioned regions would be eligible to participate in the Nedbank ACTivator underwriting programme, which will be launched in August 2017.
Projects in any of the following disciplines are eligible:
- Visual Art
- Arts Education
- Arts Administration
- Craft & Design
- Multi-disciplinary (a combination of one or more of the above)
The following WILL be considered for once-off grants:
- Enterprise development.
- Transformation through the arts.
- Skills transfer.
The following will NOT be considered for once-off grants:
- International and/or continental travel.
- Projects that do not have arts or culture as a core element.
- Projects that have social issues as a core element.
- Organisations/projects/individuals not based in or operating in South Africa.
- Activities that have already taken place or that commence before the outcome of the application is available.
Projects taking place October 2017 and October 2018 are eligible for application in the funding cycle below.
- Applications open: 10 May 2017
- Applications close: 31 July 2017
- Outcomes available: 04 September 2017
Allocation of grants is at the discretion of the Board of Trustees of ACT. The decision with regard to all applications for funding is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Bursaries of R10,000 to R20,000 for postgraduate studies in the feilds of performing arts or arts administration are made available to South African students. Preference will be given to the fields of Arts Journalism and Arts Management.
- Applications open: 13 October 2017
- Applications close: 10 November 2017
- Outcomes available: 04 December 2017
Allocation of bursaries is at the discretion of the Board of Trustees of ACT. The decision with regard to all applications for funding is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
APPLICATIONS OPEN 13 OCTOBER 2017
Complete your form here